Sunday, February 20, 2011

Well, now, that's just odd...

The cat I wrote about yesterday, Teo?  He's gone.  He's not dead, at least, he might not be dead, but he's gone. He'd been on my bed, which was protected by towels.  Last night he ate merrily and even drank some water.  At 3:41, I woke up and saw that Teo was under the covers with me.  Then at 7am, he was gone.

He probably crawled off somewhere to die, I imagine, but we cannot find him anywhere.  And if he is off trying to die, we need to find him!  Dead mouse is disgusting, so I can imagine what a dead cat would smell like!  He couldn't walk very well at all, so where he could have gone is a mystery to all of us.  We've looked under the bed, in boxes, under the couch, and even in the scary basement, and we cannot find him.  He couldn't have gone outside.

He's just gone.

Weirdness.

I loved that stupid cat.


And he loved boxes of thread.

Speaking of cats, yesterday Jethro's cat, Nocka, became obsessed with the ribbons that are holding Saige's balloons.  She kept biting them, attacking them, chewing on them, and generally being a general nuisance around them, until this happened...
I'm sure her goal was simply to free the balloon, because once that balloon was away from the pack of balloons, Nocka lost interest in them.

Mr. Clean managed to recapture the escaped balloon and put it back in its rightful place.

In other weird news, which has nothing to do with cats, 148 years ago today, Willie Lincoln died in the White House.  

So many Lincoln children died when a quick shot of an antibiotic, or a round of pills, along with some Pedialyte, would have saved them. Heck, so many children of so many families died when now, in the United States, there wouldn't be a problem at all, and death would be a stranger.  I'm grateful we don't have cholera or typhoid epidemics, the way we used to, many years ago, though, and I'm grateful that scarlet fever almost never kills children nowadays.

(I realize some places, like Haiti, still suffer from cholera epidemics.  I am very grateful I live here, though, I must say, Germany was wonderful, too.)

Dang it!  Where did I put my cup of coffee??

Huh.  I don't remember putting it there.  Weird.

Anyway, as you can see, I have nothing really to write about today.  I keep stopping, too, to look for Teo, with no luck.  Sad, sad, sad.  

Go in peace, be warm and filled.








No comments:

Post a Comment