Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earth Hour

Every year, except for last year because Saige was at Jethro's place, we've celebrated Earth Hour.  From 8:30pm until 9:30pm, local time, people and countries all over the world shut down for one little hour.

It's actually kind of fun to do this.

But, that might be because I have no life, and when one has no life, turning off the lights constitutes as something fun.

Earth Hour

I lost an entire day.  Not due to no electricity or anything like that, no.  I lost an entire day because I am obviously a confused individual.  I took the trash out last night and was furious that it wasn't picked up.  I found the bill to make sure I wasn't late on the payment (I wasn't) and then, suddenly, I thought, "Wait.. is today Friday??"  Friday is trash pick up day, well, for now it is.  So, it's Saturday, in case anyone else is confused.

Our town is starting a new recycling and garbage collection program.  With our recycling before, we had to separate, wash, fold, spindle, and mutilate our items before they could be picked up.  Now we'll get a cart where we can toss everything to be recycled into that cart without having to separate, wash, fold, spindle, and mutilate our plastics.  For garbage, finally, FINALLY, we are going to get a 96 gallon wheeled can, like my parents had for years, which is going to make things easier for me.  Well, as long as I get the day right, it'll be easier.  We've had so many garbage cans stolen from us that I stopped replacing them, and just put bags out at the edge of the yard, by the alley.  One bad thing is that there will no longer be garbage pick up in the alleys, so I will have to find somewhere else to put that wheeled cart.  We're also going from two pick-ups a week to one, which is all right.  Now that it's mostly just Saige and I here, we don't generate a lot of trash.

Earlier today I watched as Kitty Dos took a paw, opened up a bathroom cabinet, peered inside as if she were looking for something particular, and then shut the door with her paw.  Oh, and BDG took a bag of potatoes from the Roundy Downdy cabinet (Lazy Susan) and dropped raw potatoes all over my room, the hallway, the dining room, and the living room.   Perhaps he was feeling the urge to plant something too?  Doubtful.  He probably was feeling the urge to eat something, or to play ball, and he was confused.

Like his owner.

That's it for now.  Turn off your lights tonight!

Go in peace, be warm and filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment